As any HVAC expert will tell you, indoor air quality is extremely important to your health and well-being. That’s why at Strittmatter, we offer indoor air quality solutions in addition to heating and AC services.
With Christmas coming up, we thought now would be the perfect time to recommend some products to help strengthen your indoor air quality. If you are worried that smoke and soot from the fireplace are going to have you coughing, or you plan on hosting a big holiday gathering and are concerned about germs traveling in and out of your house, these devices may be the perfect present to yourself or for someone else in your family. Keep reading for the top 6 gifts to improve your indoor air quality this holiday season, courtesy of our experienced Denton HVAC technicians at Strittmatter.
The Top 6 Gifts to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality This Holiday Season
- Whole-Home Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers: Humidifiers help control the amount of humidity in your household, making your home more comfortable for everyone. If the air in your house is often dry and stale or you find yourself/others in your family are experiencing frequent allergy or breathing problems, a humidifier can greatly help. On the flipside, dehumidifiers can reduce the moisture level in your house. This in turn helps reduce the chance of mold, which thrives in damp environments. Mold is extremely bad for your health, and can cause respiratory issues and other ailments, so it is important to do everything you can to get rid of it.
- Antimicrobial Ductwork: Antimicrobial ductwork is used to stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mold, and mildew through antimicrobial coating. It's an extremely effective solution for keeping your ducts clean in the long-term, allowing air to pass through them without being affected by nasty contaminants.
- Air Scrubbers: Air scrubbers are portable filtration systems that remove particles, gasses, and/or chemicals from your indoor air supply. These machines work by taking in air from the surrounding environment and passing it through filters that extract containments, leaving you with clean, healthy air.
- Carbon Monoxide Monitors: Because carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and invisible, it is one of the most dangerous of all gases you can be exposed to. In your home, you may be exposed to carbon monoxide from any range of gas-fueled products, including ovens, dryers, furnaces, water heaters, grills, fireplaces, and cars. While most modern appliances include safe venting for carbon monoxide, it is still a good idea to install a monitor, as this may end up saving yourself and your family from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Programmable Thermostats: Digital, programmable thermostats allow you to regulate hot and cold temperatures in your home based around your schedule, so your property is never too humid or stuffy. Many smart thermostats even learn your preferences and adjust automatically, and some can even be controlled remotely through your phone, tablet, our computer. Programmable thermostats also make great gifts when purchased with…
- Zoning Systems: An HVAC zoning system using a damper and air ducts can help you control the flow of air from room to room, allowing you to balance the indoor air quality in your home without wasting money heating/cooling certain parts of your property.
Call (940) 260-0386 now for more indoor air quality and HVAC gift ideas or contact us online. And from the Strittmatter family to yours, have a very merry Christmas!